Tuesday, August 03, 2010

In A Word Sympathy Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Begin Whatever Calls To You!

Today's lesson comes from the book Living Juicy by SARK.  If you don't know SARK and you are an artist, you need to check her out!  She is such an inspirational spirit!  There are some books that find their way to my bookshelf and sit there and then seem to find their way back into my life when I need them.  SARK's books definitely fall into this category.  I always feel uplifted and inspired when I read her encouraging words.  What is calling to you?  What is your inner voice tempting you to try?  Don't get in the way...go for it!!!!

A friend's mother passed away the other day and I felt it was time to make a few sympathy cards to have on hand for these moments difficult moments.  This card came together quickly.  I put the Very Vanilla panel through the Big Shot with the Manhattan Flowers embossing folder.  I rounded 3 of the edges and left one square.  The greeting is from the In A Word stamp set and was stamped in Early Espresso onto Very Vanilla cs and punched out using my 1 1/4" circle punch.  A separate 1 1/2" circle was punched out of Early Espresso as a layer for the greeting and the greeting was popped up on dimensionals as was the entire embossed panel.  A knot of Very Vanilla satin ribbon finishes the look.  I hope you like it.  Now, go and begin whatever calls to you - you are still here and there is no time like the present!!!!!

No comments: