Monday, October 04, 2010

Greetings, Earthling with Fox & Friends...Forever!

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Friends Find You :)

I haven't "chosen" my friends.  Friends have found me over the years - sometimes out of difficult circumstances; sometimes through kind or funny words; sometimes just because we were in the same place at the same time and said "hello."  I truly believe that the people we are meant to meet will find us - we just need to be sure we are open to seeing them when they arrive!

Today's card was inspired by a Crate and Barrel catalog I received that had an insert for their line for children called The Land of Nod.  You can see part of the insert in the foreground of the photo - I loved the green streaked with pink :)  This motley crew seemed like the perfect set of friends :)  I started with a piece of Pear Pizzazz card stock and then used my Melon Mambo ink pad, direct to paper, to create the streaks.  The "friends" were all stamped with Versamark and embossed with black embossing powder.  The greetings are from the Friends 24-7 stamp set - stamped in Early Espresso.  I made the 24-7 tag by punching out the greeting with my 3/4" circle punch and then putting a small eyelet through with my crop-a-dile.  A bit of white crochet thread finishes the look.  I hope you like it! :)

No comments: