Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Sense Of Time...Crazy Background!

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Get A Little Crazy With Your Stamping Supplies!

Getting a little crazy with your stamping supplies is FUN....and, you may even like the outcome!  This background is a great example.  I began with a piece of Cherry Cobbler card stock and decided to open my Concord Crush ink pad and do some direct to paper while dragging and curving the ink pad.  Then came the Sense of Time stamp set - the gears and the clock (there is a stamped clock under the Very Vanilla clock).  Then came the crumple, crumple, mush, mush of the card stock and all of the crinkle lines were calling out to me..."Please!  Put some Champagne Shimmer Mist paint on us!"  So, I obliged - a bit on a sponge and then rubbed across the card stock lightly to catch the peaks of the crumbled creases.  Then came the stamped clock and greeting onto Very Vanilla card stock...and, of course, some sponging.  Finally, that gorgeous antique brads...yes, I'm going to have to order more since I'm using them like crazy!!!!!  The color combination came from the new color coach - I never would have put these colors together (Baja Breeze, So Saffron and Cherry Cobbler) and I really like how they look together!  I hope you like it!  Now go into your craft space and get crazy with your stamping supplies...or, you can shop HERE now for those amazing antique brads :)

No comments: