Thursday, November 04, 2010

Timeless Type Monogram Notes

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Allow Your Body Time To Rest
The soreness is starting to fade a bit and I can feel myself wanting to run again.  However, all that I have read suggests taking a week off of running after completing a marathon.  I think I'm just dealing with a bit of fear right now - after all of the running I am afraid that if I stop I will not start again.  I'm afraid of the old adage, "a body at rest tends to stay at rest."  I don't want to fall back into old habits and, at the same time, I want to be sure to allow my body time to rest so that I don't injure myself.  So, to try to keep my body in motion I am starting a new challenge tomorrow - and I'm starting in a realistic way.  I'm calling it my 40/10 challenge - 40 sit ups and 10 push ups every day.  I think I can do it...and maybe I'll even be able to increase the amount after a little while - we'll see.  All I know is that I'm going to do my best to keep this body in motion!
Today's card is part of a set of 8 personalized note cards that I made for a friend for her birthday.  I used the scalloped rectangle sizzlit in the Big Shot and the Timeless Type sizzlits for the monogram.  The Friends 24-7 stamp set provided that great design on the background and on the envelope.  I also used the Wonderfully Worn background stamp to add a bit more interest...along with some sponging.  I created a faux button with card stock and the 1/2" circle punch and added a bit of twine.  I hope you like it!

1 comment:

Francie G. said...

So very elegant! Love the way you did the envelope! Wonderful gift for your friend!