Monday, November 01, 2010

Define Your Life - Simple Gratitude Card

This is a quick and easy card that I made to say thank you to a friend for a wonderful birthday gift :)  I began with a basic Very Vanilla card and then added some flocked paper (this is not Stampin' Up! paper - it was actually part of the gift that my friend gave me so I felt I needed to use it on her thank you card :).  I used a piece of sticky strip across the top of the flocked paper and then folded and adhered the Very Vanilla satin ribbon as I went along.  The antique brad, attached with a glue dot, adds that vintage flair.  The greeting is from Define Your Life - stamped in Early Espresso ink onto Crumb Cake card stock and then punched out with the extra large Decorative Label punch.  I sponged the edges with Early Espresso ink and then added a few floral images from the Tiny Tags stamp set (some at full strength and some at half strength).  I hope you like it!!!!!  (p.s. I arranged for this post to appear automatically before I left for the marathon...I'm hoping that by the time you read this I will have made it to the finish line and will be on my way home, back to the craft room!).

2 comments:

marilynprestonn said...

Oh my Michelle, don't know what's more amazing, that you are marathoning or this fabulous CAS/vintage/elegant card you created.

Well, thank you for sharing this vanilla gift with us. The paper is so pretty by the way.

And CONGRATS on the marathon! Have fun in the craft room, a time well spent and deserved after all that running.

Hugs, Peggyxo

P.S. I'm currently reading a french book, written here in Quebec, so it's not translated...yet. I did want to share this helpful book called The ten things to do do when your life falls apart by Daphne Rose Kingma. It's quite a read. Maybe you heard of it before, if so, tell me what you think...when you have a minute. :)

Francie G. said...

Soft elegance! Beautiful!