Friday, October 29, 2010

Altered CD

Four Ways Friday will return next Friday!  Today I've decided to share an altered CD with you instead - I hope you don't mind :)  I love that you can turn an old disc into something spectacular with a bit of adhesive, paper and ink!
This is one side of the CD.  I used Mod Podge to adhere the Garden Gala designer paper to the disc and then used a gold leaf marker to add a touch of gold around the edge.  The letters are from various alphabet and regular stamp sets and one word was cut out of a book :)  I hope you notice the little butterflies!  I used the butterfly embosslit with vellum card stock and then sponged them with classic ink and let them dry.  A bit of glass glitter creates their bodies :)  Did you know that your Crop-a-dile can cut through a CD like butter?!  What a great way to make this altered CD into an ornament.  Here is the reverse side:
I die cut the letters using the Timeless Type dies and added a bit of embossing with the floral image from Eastern Blooms.  Define Your Life provided the wonderful definition of "create."  I added more vellum butterflies and the wonderful basic pearls jewels!  I hope you like it!  Now go get an old CD that you would normally discard and see what you can do!  I would love to see your creations!!!!!  PS...I'm off to run the Marine Corps Marathon in Washington, DC...wish me luck!!!!!! :)

No comments: