Monday, October 25, 2010

Acrylic Block Stamping

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Shop With A Friend!
You may find this strange, but I'm really not a fan of shopping...except, of course, in craft stores!  When it comes to shopping for clothes or shoes my enthusiasm goes right out the door.  That all changed yesterday!  I went shopping with a friend and it made the whole experience fun!  I loved having someone with me who would tell me her honest opinion and also just bring me stuff to try on so I didn't have to keep getting dressed and heading out of the dressing room over and over!  If you're like me and find clothes shopping to be a drag, try heading out with a friend.  It may totally change your perspective!!!!

Did you know that you can apply ink directly to your acrylic blocks and then stamp onto card stock with them?  You get a wonderful rectangle that you can then stamp on or embellish with punched out pieces!  I began with Pink Pirouette on Whisper White card stock and stamped the acrylic block 3 times.  I used post-it notes to mask the edges and stamped the floral image in Basic Gray.  Next came the big hearts and finally the punched hearts coated with Crystal Effects.  I hope you like it!

No comments: