Monday, January 31, 2011

A Few Masculine Cards

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Creativity Creates Community
I had a Valentine's stamp-a-stack at the house yesterday and I am still smiling!  It's wonderful to watch a group come together and laugh and share stories and create.  What I realize is that creativity makes me feel a part of a community - whether that community is sitting in my home creating, or whether I'm connecting to people on-line/virtually.  I know I really don't know many of you who visit my blog - most of the time I don't even know you're here - other than to look at the scrolling information in the right-hand column that tells me someone has visited from Japan or London or New Jersey.  It's just amazing knowing that you are out there and that you take the time to come and connect with me - even by just stopping by or by taking the time to leave me a comment.  Thank you for being a part of a community that I cherish and am grateful for everyday!
Today's card is a card that I did for a SCS challenge last week.  I used the Bring On The Cake hand image over and over to create the background on the card and combined that with the fleur-de-lis image from Friends 24/7.  Chunky glass glitter adds a pop of dazzle, while still allowing this card to be appropriate for a guy (it actually became my brother's belated birthday card :)  Here is another, very simple, masculine birthday card that I did for a sketch challenge on SCS about a week ago.
I ran the background Soft Suede textured card stock through the crimper in one direction and then turned the paper around and ran it through in the other direction to create a grid pattern.  It adds a ton of texture!  I kept on adding texture by spraying a Riding Hood Red piece of card stock with water and then crumpling, uncrumpling and recrumpling the paper and then letting it dry.  I attached the eyelets with the crop-a-dile and then wrapped linen thread around the panel and attached it to the card using dimensionals.  The greeting, from Afterthoughts, was stamped in Elegant Eggplant.  I hope you like the cards and I hope they inspire you to try making a card that you feel would be great for a guy in your life!

No comments: