Friday, February 04, 2011

Four Ways Friday #35 - 1 3/4" Circle Punch

This week's Four Ways Friday is all about the 1 3/4" circle punch!
I've been busy making treat bags for a party in Georgia...so, of course, peaches needed to be a part of the bag (and peach jelly bellies are the perfect treat)!  You can make this adorable peach using your 1 3/4" circle punch.  I found the instructions on one of my favorite punch art sites created by Ellen Kemper!  She is an amazing artist and does the most incredible things with punches!  This particular peach was created by her upline, Jenifer Lange.  You can find the instructions here.
Of course you can also choose to use your 1 3/4" circle punch in the simplest way.  Here I used it to layer a punched greeting for this masculine card.  It forms the perfect border for your 1 1/2" circle punches :)  The greeting here is from Afterthoughts and the circle background is from the Apple Blossoms hostess set, stamped repeatedly using the stamp-a-ma-jig for alignment.
Just in case you thought I was over my 3-D flower addiction...I'm not!  Here is a flower that I created using three 1 3/4" circles.  I did some crimping, cutting and fluffing...oh, and a little dazzling diamonding :)  I may try to put together a video to show you how I made it.  My guess is that if you take a pair of scissors, your imagination and a few 1 3/4" circles, you might be able to come up with all kinds of cool flowers!
The 1 3/4" circle punch can also be combined with other circle and scalloped circle punches to create adorable little signs!!!!  Here I used the Lovely Letters alphabet and punched the letters out with the 1 1/4" circle punch.  I then matted the letters onto 1 1/2" and 1 3/4" circle punches and finally onto the large scallop circle punch.  I hot glued the letters to a piece of ribbon and added a ring at the top and a bit of crochet thread at the bottom.  Here is a close up of one of the letters...
I hope you've enjoyed this week's Four Ways Friday!  Have a wonderful and creative weekend!!!!!

No comments: