Friday, January 21, 2011

Four Ways Friday #34 - Nature Walk Stamp Set

This week's Four Ways Friday is all about the Nature Walk stamp set in the Occasions mini catalog.  I am in love with this set!!!!!  I know I shared a card with you yesterday that used this set...but I figured it couldn't hurt to show you more ways to use it!!!!
I received one of these adorable post-it note holder awhile back.  I don't know who came up with the idea originally (if you happen to know, please let me know so that I can credit that person).  I decided to use the Nature Walk designer paper along with a bee that I stamped in chocolate chip onto Very Vanilla card stock.  If you look at the "notes" label, you'll also see that I stamped the floral image from the stamp set at half strength.  Here is a look at the inside of the notes holder (I used 1/2 a pad of post-it notes).
I have a feeling I'll be posting a video next week to show you how to make these adorable note holders!
 For my second card I just used basic black ink with the stamp set to make a monochromatic background with the bird and "no. 147" stamp.  The greeting is heat embossed (I used versamark, black ink and clear embossing powder...I've never been good at keeping black embossing powder where it needs to be, so this is a great solution!  Stamp first in Versamark and then onto your black ink pad and then pour on the powder and heat).
For this third card I stepped it up a bit by using my markers to color in the stamped images.  You can use black Staz-On or the Basic Black classic ink pad with coloring.  I used the classic ink pad, let it dry and then colored and didn't have any smudging issues.
For my last project, I had an odd sized piece of Whisper White card stock on my craft table, so I decided to score it so that there was a bit of the back half showing through on the edge.  I stamped the bird and floral images in basic black and the eggs in Going Gray.  I combined coloring and leaving the images alone and I really like the combination.  The love greeting and the hearts were part of an experiment that I was doing with the Lots of Love letterpress plate.  I embossed a piece of wax paper and then ironed it against glossy card stock.  I then brayered the piece with Melon Mambo ink and cut out and punched the card stock for the pieces you see here.  When you iron the wax paper, any images on the wax paper (including creases) will act as resist areas when you layer on the ink.  I'll have to play with the technique some more - I like the distressed look of these pieces.  I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!!!!  I'm finally feeling better (yeah!) so hopefully I'll be 100% by Monday!!!!!

No comments: