Monday, February 07, 2011

Broadsheet Tags For Treat Bags

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Dance With Your Art
I have been working on a birthday present and I find myself working on the present and then stepping away...and then coming back and doing a little bit more and then getting stuck and then walking away...and then stepping back in.  It feels like a dance to me - first this way, then that - almost like a waltz (although not with defined steps).  Sometimes it seems that creating feels more like the twist than the waltz, but either way I'm dancing with my art :)  (Hopefully I'll be able to share the finished creation in tomorrow's post...)
I made these small tags to attach to bags of popcorn wrapped in cello and tied with ribbons.  They are for my niece's birthday party.  So far I've made the peach jelly bean treat bags, these tags, medallions and tags for the gift bags and belly bands for the water bottles...phew, I'm tired just listing them all out :)  For these tags I used a die to cut the tags and then stamped them with a harlequin stamp from Looks Like Spring (retired) and the "j" from the Broadsheet Alphabet.  I added a bit of bling and did some sponging.  I hope you like them! :)

No comments: