Friday, February 18, 2011

Four Ways Friday #37 - Bliss (Sale-a-Bration Set)

This week's Four Ways Friday focuses on using the Bliss stamp set in the Sale-a-bration catalog!
I was reading the Winter 2009 issue of Sew Somerset magazine and came across a traveling journal project by Sue Bleiweiss.  I had some scrap computer paper that had been piling up (you know when you get the date and page number printed on the bottom but nothing else and you just can't bare to throw the page out?).  I decided the project would be a wonderful way to combine Stampin' Up! products and recycle at the same time!  The book cover is a 6 1/2" x 9 1/2" piece of Going Gray card stock.  I sewed the edges and then layered, stamped, embossed and sewed on top of that.  Don't you just love the look of the First Edition designer paper?  Here is a peek at the inside...
You can see that I stamped the butterfly image over the random printing left on the scrap paper.  Each booklet has 24 pages (12 pieces of paper folded in half).  Of course, I couldn't stop at just one book, so I used the Bliss stamp set to make another!
For this booklet I used Confetti card stock as the base and built from there.  I used Cherry Cobbler and Soft Suede as the main colors.  I have really been enjoying combining sewing with stamping and embossing.  If you don't sew, don't worry, you can do some faux stitching instead!  Here is a peek at the inside of this booklet...
Don't worry :)  I decided to do a few cards with the Bliss stamp set as well.  For this card I stamped the flourish image over and over in Soft Suede at full and half strength onto a strip of Whisper White card stock.
I then sewed a piece of Very Vanilla seam binding ribbon to the strip.  I stamped the butterfly three times in Regal Rose onto Whisper White card stock and cut them out (yes, that's a little time consuming, but well worth the effort!).  I then sewed the butterflies onto the strip and then adhered the strip to the Sahara Sand card stock base using dimensionals.  You may notice the stamped stitches in the background...I used the stitches jumbo wheel with River Rock to make the background stamping.
For the last card I decided to bring out the Pink Pirouette and Going Gray (and a bit of Old Olive).  I stamped the flourish image a couple of times using the stamp-a-ma-jig.  I then sewed on a small piece of pink satin ribbon.  The punched circle was sewn on and then I layered a stamped decorative label punch, a hodgepodge hardware piece with the "bliss" sentiment, and a cut out butterfly.  The final touch was to sponge the edges and use the spritzer tool with Going Gray ink.
I hope you've enjoyed this week's Four Ways Friday!  I hope you have an amazingly creative weekend!  See you next week! :)

No comments: