Wednesday, March 23, 2011

En Pointe Card Set

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  You Do What You Have To Do
I know some of you are going to laugh at this post, but if you have ever had to try to give a cat a pill, you will understand what I have to say.  My cat is on 2 medications right now for an illness.  When we were at the vet and he was starting her on her medication he put her on the exam table and held her head with one hand and opened her mouth with the other and popped the pills right in!  He said, "You see?  It's easy!"  Yeah right!  There was no way it was going to go that easily at home!  So, we started devising ways to hide the pill in all sorts of food to try to get the pills into her.  Cheese, melted cheese, tuna, tuna with mayo, salmon, chicken - you name it, we tried it.  And each one worked....for awhile.  And then she was on to us.  One day we had thrown away a couple of pills just trying to get her to try them in different foods.  And then my mothering instincts took over.  I knew she needed the pills and she wasn't taking them.  Next thing I knew, I was on the floor with her and I had her backed up against my legs and I was holding her head with one hand and popping the pills into her mouth with the other!  Just like the vet!  Sometimes you do what you have to do :)  It's been working great ever since...and we still give her a little treat afterwards just so she knows we're not torturing her for nothing :)
I have a beautiful aunt who is an amazing dancer and when I saw the retired En Pointe stamp set, I knew it was something I had to have in order to make cards for her.  I just completed my first set of cards for her so I'm going to share them with you over the next few days.  Some use retired stamp sets and others incorporate some current sets.  Hopefully you can find some inspiration in the cards :)  This first one is so simple.  I inked up the greeting and the ballerina with versamark and then Basic Gray.  I stamped onto the card and then heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  So simple and yet so elegant!
I kept this one simple too!  Just stamped with Basic Gray and added some dazzling diamonds to the ballet shoes and then mounted it onto a piece of Basic Gray card stock.  The greeting, from Happy Harmony (retired), was stamped directly on the card.  Here is another card using a different image from En Pointe and a different greeting from Happy Harmony.  I hope you like them!

No comments: