Friday, March 04, 2011

Four Ways Friday #39 - Scalloped Heart of Hearts Embosslit

This week's Four Ways Friday is all about the Scalloped Heart of Hearts Embosslit!
For this first 3"x3" card I began with a piece of glossy white card stock.  I then took a piece of freezer paper and added some drops of pink pirouette, melon mambo and rose red reinker.  I folded the freezer paper in half and smooshed the ink together and then opened up the freezer paper.  I then placed the glossy white card stock into the ink on the freezer paper.  Once I lifted it out, I stamped the glossy card stock with the uninked floral image from the Bliss stamp set.  I allowed it to dry and then ran the card stock through the Big Shot with the embosslit.  To finish the heart, I took a sanding block and sanded to raised dots to remove the ink.  I took a 3"x6" piece of Regal Rose card stock and folded it in half and then sewed a piece of Baja Breeze card stock to the card base.  I did some random sewing and then sewed the heart to the card.  Finally I stamped the words from Fabulous Phrases using Early Espresso ink.
This embosslit heart also makes a great letter!  Here I let it stand in for the letter "O" in "love."  I created the heart in the same way as the first card, but this time I stamped a bit in Baja Breeze using the floral image from the Bliss stamp set.  I stamped the other letters onto Whisper White card stock using Rose Red ink and the Lovely Letters stamp set.  I sponged the letters with River Rock ink and then used crystal effects to add some baja breeze glass glitter to the edges.  I began with a River Rock card base and then added a layer of Regal Rose.  I then took a piece of Baja Breeze card stock and ran it through the Big Shot with the Elegant Lines embossing folder.  Before adhering the Baja Breeze layer to the card base, I added a piece of Baja Breeze seam binding (which I crumpled up in my hands before tying to the card).  A small piece of Marina Mist ribbon adds a bit more color.  I adhered the heart to the card using dimensionals and used mono adhesive to attach the other letters.
Don't forget that when you cut out the heart you are left with a piece of card stock that can act as a stencil!  Here I used the "waste" from cutting out the heart for my first card as a stencil.  I taped the "stencil" down, using removable tape, and sponged with Pink Pirouette ink.  I then stamped over it with the floral stamp from Elements of Style using Early Espresso ink.  I removed the stencil and then used the same sizzlit to punch through a piece of scrap paper to create a mask that I adhered over the sponged heart using removable tape.  I then stamped the entire piece of Very Vanilla card stock with the En Francais background stamp and River Rock ink.  Then came the distressing and crumpling...my favorite part!!!!!  I adhered this panel to a piece of Soft Suede card stock.  I then punched a small strip of Soft Suede using the scallop trim border punch and added it to the card.  I also sewed a piece of Victoria lace to the card.  I then stamped "forever" from the Fabulous Phrases stamp set in Soft Suede and stamped over it with the Bliss floral stamp at half strength with Soft Suede and Pink Pirouette ink.  I punched it out using the Curly Label extra-large punch and sponged the edges.  I adhered it to the card with dimensionals and added a few pearls.  I then stamped the key from Artistic Etchings in versamark and heat-embossed with silver embossing powder.  I cut out the key and added a touch of linen thread and attached the key using 1/2 a dimensional.  The baja breeze panel was run through the Big Shot with the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder and the layers were adhered to a Pink Pirouette card base.
Of course, I couldn't let the stencil go to waste!  I decided to use it on my final card.  Here I used the stencil to first sponge a Pink Pirouette heart onto the Pink Pirouette card base.  I then took the stencil off the card and brought it to the sewing machine to do some decorative sewing on the edges of the stencil and on the bottom of the card.  I then adhered the stencil to the card using dimensionals.  Finally, I took a small strip of Whisper White card stock and stamped the word "beautiful" from Fabulous Phrases using Rose Red ink.  I was able to slip the strip underneath the stencil and adhere it with a dimensional in the center.  I cut the ends to make it look like a banner!
I hope you've enjoyed this week's Four Ways Friday and I hope you have a beautiful and creative weekend!!!!!

No comments: