Thursday, March 03, 2011

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  It All Begins With A Single Spark!
Today's card began with a single spark - a simple idea - I wanted to use the Contempo Alphabet to create a background.  That was the only thought I had and I had no idea where things would go from there, but I sat down and pulled out the Contempo Alphabet set and things just started to happen!  I stamped the letters randomly onto Whisper White using Always Artichoke ink.  I then grabbed my En Francais background stamp and stamped the card using River Rock ink.  The spritzer tool came out next and I spritzed with both Always Artichoke and River Rock.  I couldn't stop, so I sponged around the bottom and side with Always Artichoke ink.  I then sewed a torn piece of Cajun Craze to the card front.  And then...I got stuck...so I walked around, sent some emails, twiddled my thumbs and then went back to the card :)  I stamped the "happy birthday" from Bring On The Cake onto Whisper White pieces with Always Artichoke ink.  I also stamped the "a little late" from the On Your Birthday stamp set.  All of these pieces were mounted onto Always Artichoke card stock and then attached to the card.  I then sewed a piece of 1 1/4" striped grosgrain ribbon to the bottom of the card and tied it with a small piece of linen thread.  Finally I added a retired designer brad.  I hope you like it!  Sometimes all you need is a single spark!

No comments: