Thursday, April 21, 2011

Bird Feeder Scene Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Sit And Watch The Birds
We visited a friend the other day and found ourselves sitting at the kitchen table, looking out the window at the bird feeders and the birds.  There used to be a beautiful cherry tree out the window and when the cherry tree came to the end of its life, our friend just didn't have the heart to take the whole tree down.  So, he left part of the trunk to serve as a place to hang bird feeders.  The birds love it!  I find watching birds to be one of my most favorite ways to relax.  Sitting here at the computer I can look out my window at a bird bath that gets frequented by robins.  When I am in the craft room I can look out the window at the back yard and watch all of the feeders and a different bird bath.  I have thought numerous times of moving my craft room to another location in the house in order to have more space, however the ability to sit and watch the birds as I create is too beautiful to give up!  When was the last time you sat and watched the birds?
As you have probably guessed, today's card is a thank you card that we are sending to our friends for the perfect day we spent with them in the kitchen, looking out the window.  I used the Season of Friendship stamp set to create the tree trunk - I just inked part of the stamp with a Chocolate Chip maker and stamped onto Whisper White card stock.  The feeders were drawn free-hand and then cut out.  I attached them to the card with dimensionals and then poked holes in the card to thread wire and hemp twine as the "hangers."  I added a touch of crystal effects to both feeders.  The background was sponged with Bashful Blue and Certainly Celery.  I then stamped the far tree from the Le Jardin Botanique (retired) stamp set after coloring the stamp with Chocolate Chip, Certainly Celery, and Old Olive markers.  The grass and the little black bird are from the Sunshine of Life (retired) stamp set.  I stamped the grass at half strength using Old Olive ink.  The bird in the tree is from the Bliss (retired Sale-a-bration) stamp set.  I stamped him with Early Espresso and then colored him with a touch of Bashful Blue and Crumb Cake.  The greeting from Happy Harmony (retired) was stamped in Basic Black.  The panel was mounted onto a piece of Poppy Parade card stock and then onto a Certainly Celery card base.  I hope you like it :)

No comments: