Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Elegant Ice (Retired) Note Cards

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Go The Other Direction
On my morning walk with Buddy, we traditionally go in the same direction.  I find that on certain days it's like I'm on auto-pilot - like someone else or something else is guiding my body in that direction.  So I decided to change things up and reverse the route!  It was absolutely refreshing!  It's funny - when you walk in the same direction in a neighborhood, you tend to see things from the same vantage point.  When you reverse the route, you see things so differently!  Instead of seeing front doors, we were looking at backyards :)  I think the same can be true with how we approach making a card.  We may get into a habit with how we create - maybe we pick the colors first; or the stamp set first; or the layout.  Whatever it is you do first when you create, try going in a different direction - start where you don't normally start - you may like what you see!
I have a very close friend who is a skating instructor and I knew I had to create some skating cards for her for her birthday!  I purchased the retired Elegant Ice stamp set and had a lot of fun!!!!  Here I stamped the skater image once and cut it out.  Then I stamped her dress a second time, after coloring directly on the stamp with Rose Red and Pink Pirouette markers.  I then cut out the dress and adhered it to the first cut-out image.  I colored her skin using markers.  I then stamped the greeting from Warm Words (retired) with VersaMark and heat embossed with white embossing powder.  Finally, I adhered the skater to the card using dimensionals.  Here are a few different versions of the card...

No comments: