Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Wax Resist Season Of Friendship Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  "Growth Itself Contains The Germ Of Happiness" -Pearl S. Buck
When I saw this quote it really spoke to me!  We always seem to be searching for happiness.  Looking for that "thing" that will finally make us ultimately happy.  The truth we learn is that there is no "thing" that brings us happiness.  Happiness is something that we find within ourselves.  Growth is one way to ensure that the germ of happiness is always taking root inside of us.  When we stop growing or stop changing, we can get stuck in a rut and happiness feels so far away.  If we keep pushing ourselves to grow; if we keep facing the opportunities presented to us for change, we find that we are planing the seeds of happiness to continue to grow inside of us.  What are you doing today to grow?
Today's card was born out of my own growth - trying a new technique!  Yesterday's video showed how to do the technique and I couldn't stop myself from playing some more :)  I created the background using a wax resist and the Backgrounds 1 texturz plates (flourish).  I then sponged with Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, and Chocolate Chip.  The wax was removed with an iron and a piece of scrap paper and then I stamped the tree and leaves from Season of Friendship.  The quote was stamped in Early Espresso using the Calendar Alphabet & Numbers stamp set.  I hope you like it!

No comments: