Friday, June 03, 2011

Four Ways Friday #50 - Easy Paper Flower!

This week's Four Ways Friday is all about how to make a simple paper flower!  I'll share with you how to make the flower and then show you four ways to use your new flower! :)
Let's begin with the video for how to make the flower!  Caution - these can be addicting to make! :)


You can add these flowers to your cards and they add a lot of impact!  Here I made a quick 3"x3" card and adhered the flower using glue.  I added a greeting from Teeny Tiny Wishes using the modern label punch and also punched out a small circle from a piece of Very Vanilla card stock that I stamped using the Dot, Dot, Dot stamp.
You can also adhere these flowers to a recycled tin can!  I made these flowers out of blank pages I tore out of an old book.  I adhered them to the can using matte gel medium.  I love that the flowers and the can were both made from recycled materials :)  The greeting is a combination of stamped letters (Rough Edges Alphabet - retired) and words cut out of an old book.
What about a whole bouquet?!  Here I glued the flowers to skewers and arranged them in a small pot.  Some of the flowers were made from old book pages and the sprayed with ink mixed with water in a small spray bottle.  The other flowers were made with designer series paper (Brights Pattern Stack).  There is a styrofoam ball adhered to the bottom of the pot and the skewers were pushed into the styrofoam.   I then scrunched up thin strips of Old Olive card stock and added it to the pot.  The welcome banner was stamped using the Fabulous Phrases stamp set onto Very Vanilla card stock which I then glued onto the skewer!  What a fun little gift or home decor item!
This easy flower does not have to stand alone :)  The flower can act as the center of a larger flower!  Here I used the Fun Flower Bigz die to create a multi-layer flower and placed the easy flower in the center.  The banner was hand cut and stamped with a greeting from Sincere Salutations in Early Espresso ink.  The Tulip embossing folder was used to create the frame around the card base.  A few pearl jewels finish the look!
I hope you've enjoyed this week's Four Ways Friday!  May you find joy in making these easy paper flowers and may you have a wonderful and creative weekend!!!!!

No comments: