Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Direct To Paper Dry Emboss Sanded Technique Card & Video!!!!

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Keep Track Of Your Progress - It Can Really Motivate You!!!!
Whether you are growing, day by day, in your creative endeavors or making progress on other goals in your life, keeping track of that progress can be a real motivator!!!!  I know that when I look back on my early paper crafting pictures and projects I am amazed by how far I have come and the amount of creative energy I have released into the Universe!!!  With my latest exercise endeavor - the P90X videos - I have been equally amazed by my progress so far!  I know it has only been 6 workouts, but in that time I did 3 of the ab workouts.  In just those 3 times I went from not being able to do the first ab exercise AT ALL to being able to do 20 reps of that particular exercise!!!!!  It makes me realize that although my start may be slow, I can make progress and move forward!  Keep track of your progress - no matter how small - it can really motivate you!!!!!
Today's card employs a technique that popped into my head on one of my morning walks!  I really love how it turned out!  Since Stampin' Up! does not make white-core card stock, I decided to add color to a light color card stock and then sand away the color to get a similar effect.  Here is a video to show you how I created the card!  I hope you like it!

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Excellent video. I will definitely be trying that technique. Love those colors together.