Wednesday, October 05, 2011

DTP Dry Emboss Sanded Technique On Your Birthday Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Jot It Down!
I don't know about you, but I have random thoughts that come to me during my waking and sleeping hours.  And, even though they are my thoughts and you would think I would remember them, I know that if I don't jot my ideas down they risk being lost forever.  So I try my best to have a small notebook handy - in my purse, beside my bed - so that when these thoughts and ideas come to me, I can catch them, like bubbles floating in the air - so that I can refer to them later and bring the ideas into reality.  The idea for this background (the video of which I shared with you yesterday) was one such thought and I'm so glad I captured it!  Remember to jot it down - you never know when you'll decide to act on it!
Today's card began with a piece of Naturals Ivory card stock and a Not Quite Navy ink pad.  I did the direct to paper (DTP) technique and covered the card stock with the ink.  I then ran the small piece through the Big Shot with the Square Lattice embossing folder.  Next I took my sanding block and sanded the heck out of the card stock - removing the raised layer of ink.  I then adhered the panel to a Naturals Ivory card base with glue.  Next I stamped the hand from On Your Birthday using Early Espresso ink on Naturals Ivory card stock and punched it out using the decorative label punch.  I then sponged the edges with Early Espresso ink.  I used the same punch to punch a half punch of designer series paper and adhered the paper to the edge of the embossed panel.  The sentiment was then adhered using dimensionals and a small clip was added to the corner.  Finally, I knotted a small piece of Early Espresso ribbon to the corner.  I hope you like it! :)

No comments: