Monday, October 24, 2011

Serif Essentials Art Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Create Art
Today's card is as much a message to myself as it is a card to post.  I still struggle with letting things get in the way of my creating art - my inner critic; time; needed the next supply before I can do anything - Do you suffer from any of these?  If I can just sit down and clear my mind a bit, then I seem to be able to overcome those things that try to get in the way.  So this weekend I spent some time sitting and, as a result, created some art...and it felt GREAT!  It all began with this card - my new mantra for myself :)  You may see this message again tomorrow...(hint, hint!)
This card was so simple and I love the Crumb Cake on Crumb Cake effect.  I ran the card base through the Big Shot with the Framed Tulips embossing folder.  I actually ran it through backwards - so the card front is "debossed" - I decided to just go with it :)  I then die cut the letters using the Serif Essentials dies and the Big Shot.  The letters and the card base were sponged using Soft Suede ink.  Next I stamped the word "create" by only inking that word on one of the stamps in the Charming stamp set.  I then cut it out and sponged the edges.  The letters and the word "create" were then adhered to the card using dimensionals.  I hope you like it...more importantly, I hope you like the message :)

No comments: