Wednesday, February 08, 2012

First Paper Crafter's Library Design Team Project!

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  It Is Energizing To Begin A New Journey!!!!!
Today I am so excited to share with you my first project as a Design Team member for Paper Crafter's Library!!!!!  Since books can be used to document a journey, I decided to begin my journey with Paper Crafter's Library by created a mini book to capture my thoughts about this experience!  I turned to the Twitterpated Suite for my color palette, paper and accessories.  I love the spring feel of the Twitterpated designer series paper!  I even used the paperboard that comes with the designer series paper (to protect the paper from bending) to create sturdier pages for this mini book.  I was also very excited to use Stampin' Up!s new Adorning Accents edgelit dies and the framelits dies!  You can use them to cut through card stock, paper, and thin paperboard.  I dressed up the cover of the book with some pleated satin ribbon, baker's twine, a mini pin, a die cut (Beautiful Butterflies Bigz die), punched flowers and adhesive pearls.  Ooh - and I can't forget that adorable Twitterpated button :)  The stamped image is from the Outlined Occassions stamp set - one of the wonderful Sale-a-bration stamp sets that you can select for free with a $50 product purchase during Sale-a-bration!  If you are a Paper Crafter's member, you can log on to the member area of the site to view the video I created showing you how I made this book!  An instructional pdf is also available to members on the site.  Feel free to check back here tomorrow.  I'll be sharing two of the other projects I created for Paper Crafter's Library using supplies from the Twitterpated Suite! :)
For those of you that don't know, Paper Crafter's Library is an online educational and reference resource for paper crafters.  It is their mission to help their readers and their members discover and develop their creativity through paper crafting by providing both inspiration AND instruction.  Currently featuring a library of over 700 video tutorials, pdf downloads and exclusive templates, Paper Crafter's Library's online education program offers detailed product information & how-to’s, multiple techniques as well as projects for all skills and levels of paper crafting.  There are two components to Paper Crafter’s Library – the public blog and a membership site.  It is their goal for the site to be a place of inspiration and education for everyone – regardless of level of membership.  I was honored to be selected as one of the members of their first Design Team!!!!!

No comments: