Friday, February 10, 2012

Four Ways Friday #79 - Petite Pairs

This week's Four Ways Friday shows you four fun ways to use your Petite Pairs stamp set!
I love to stamp sentiment stamps over and over, letting the ink lighten as I stamp.  Here I stamped the sentiment (with the help of my stamp-a-ma-jig) using Not Quite Navy ink.  I started at the bottom with the ink and full strength and then worked my way up, stamping at 1/2 strength and 1/3 strength.  The raccoon is from the Furry Folks stamp set.  I stamped him with Staz-On onto Crumb Cake card stock and cut him out.  I then used my aqua painter and some Early Espresso ink to add some darker color to his stomach and tail.  The Petite Pairs stamp set has sentiments that go together, so on the inside of this card, I stamped the companion sentiment...
You might also choose to stamp your sentiment and the companion sentiment on the front of the card.  That is what I did to make this incredibly simple card.
I created the smiley face with some Daffodil Delight card stock and my 1" circle punch.  The mouth was punched using the 3/4" circle punch and some Basic Black card stock - you could hand cut this piece as well.  The eyes were just hole punches from a small office hole punch.  I stamped the sentiments on the front of the card with Jet Black Staz-On with the help of my stamp-a-ma-jig.  The smiley face was added onto the card with a dimensional.  So simple and so cute :)
Whenever you look at a sentiment stamp, remember that you don't have to stamp all of the words.  The "happy birthday" came from a "happy birthday wishes" stamp set that is in the Petite Pairs set.  I used my Pacific Point marker to ink up the part of the stamp that I wanted and stamped it onto Crumb Cake card stock.  I did the same with greetings from Short & Sweet and Bring On The Cake.  I then hand cut the pieces into banners.  I also created banners using the brights stack patterned paper in Pacific Point.  The little stars were stamped using the Itty Bitty Bits stamp set and punched out with the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack.  I glued the pieces to 1/2" punched Pear Pizazz circles and then attached them to the patterned paper banners with dimensionals.  I adhered all of the banners to the Soft Suede card base - the sentiment banners were adhered with dimensionals and the patterned paper banners with glue.  Next I die cut a piece of Pear Pizzazz card stock using the Simply Adorned edgelits and embossed with the coordinating Adorning Accents embossing folder.  I adhered the strip to the card with glue and then embellished it with die cut Pacific Point stars.  The final touch was to add some adhesive rhinestones for some bling :)
Talk about a perfect sentiment for some Valentine's chocolates!!!!  This little box is a variation on a small box that was demonstrated during Stampin' Up!s Leadership convention.  I altered the box to make the ends a little shorter to look more like a small basket and added a handle and some white waffle paper....now all it needs are a bunch of Hershey's kisses! :)  Here is a video to show you how to make this modified version of this little box.

I hope you've enjoyed this week's Four Ways Friday!!!!  Wishing you a wonderful, creative and love-filled weekend!!!!!

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Michelle,great tutorial! I was looking for a container just about that size. Love the cards too. Your Four Ways Fridays are always a lot of fun!