Monday, February 13, 2012

Builder Wheel Pennant Parade Birthday Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Use Your Own Life For Your Own Lessons
When it comes to writing my lessons from the craft room, I often find myself turning to thoughts of other people's lives and experiences and then I remind myself that hidden in the events of my own life there are so many lessons to be found.  In order to see those lessons, though, I need to be willing to really look at my own life - to examine it and study it and consider it.  At times that's not the easiest thing to do because not only does that study allow me to look at what I feel I am accomplishing, it also forces me to look at what I am wasting.  How easy it is to just la-la-la the day away.  What do I mean by "la-la-la" the day away?  Well, to procrastinate - to avoid sitting down and really doing what speaks to my heart.  To turn on the tv in the craft room and spend more time paying attention to the episode on the screen than the episode of my life that I can create.  To get up, sit down, get up, sit down - rather than just sit and face whatever it is that is in front of me.  So today I will look to my own life for my own lessons - and today's lesson is really a question - what episode do I want to create?  How much am I really willing to waste?
I had a ton of fun using Builder Wheels to make today's card!  I combined the Happy Bday, Pennant, and Striped Builder Wheels on the spindle for my jumbo Stampin' Around handle.  I used Pumpkin Pie, Tempting Turquoise and Old Olive in the triple cell cartridge.  I ran the wheel over the Whisper White card base three times.  I then stamped the image from Pennant Parade and punched it out with the Petite Pennants Builder punch.  The greeting from the set was stamped and punched with a circle punch.  A hand-cut triangle and some adhesive rhinestones finish the card :)  I hope you like it!

No comments: