Monday, March 12, 2012

Attic Boutique Suite Friend Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Dog Knows Best
It never ceases to amaze me how well my dog knows what I need.  If I am feeling down, he looks at me with those sad eyes that say, "a walk would be the perfect thing right now."  So, off we go on a little walk and sure enough, I am feeling better.  He also seems to know what's best once we are on our walk.  Over the weekend we took a long morning walk and I was starting to get a little tired and ready to head home.  But instead of going straight - the most direct route to getting back to the house - Buddy indicated, by pulling me a bit to the right, that he felt going right would be the best thing to do.  We walked about a 1/4 of a block when I noticed that there, on the yard to our left, were some gorgeous purple and yellow flowers that had just sprung from the Earth!  We would have missed them had we taken my route.  Once again, Buddy knew best :)  I wonder if it's a special intuition he has for what I am feeling and for what will make me feel better?  Whatever it is, I am learning to really listen to him - he is proving again and again that he knows what is in my best interest :)
For today's card I played with a few items from the Attic Boutique suite of products.  I began with a Soft Suede card base that I scored to create a tri-fold card.  I then cut a 1" x 12" piece of Attic Boutique designer series paper and sponged the edges with Soft Suede ink before wrapping it around the card and securing it with glue.  Next I took one of the embellishments from the Attic Boutique Side Notes and popped it up on the designer paper using dimensionals (after sponging the edges of course :).  I stamped the crown from Established Elegance using Soft Suede ink on Very Vanilla card stock and punched it out and added it to the center of the embellishment using dimensionals.  The greeting is from Tiny Tags.  I stamped the tag and then punched it out with the jewelry tag punch and added a Vintage Trinket brad.  Next came some stamping on the card base - one of the images from the Rue Des Fleurs stamp set.  I then took some scrap from die cutting a decorative box and cut it down to adhere to the card base.  I love the decorative edge waste that the decorative box die creates!  Next came some spritzing with the color spritzer tool and my Soft Suede marker.  For the inside I just stamped a piece of Very Vanilla card stock with another image from Rue Des Fleurs and adhered it to the inside of the card using glue.  I hope you like it!  Here is a pic of what the card looks like when you remove the band:

No comments: