Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Loving Thoughts and Framelits Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Order Matters
Today's lesson actually came from outside of the craft room.  I had the pleasure of getting a massage today!  It felt great!  I know some people don't like massages, but I happen to be one that does :)  After the massage I was incredibly relaxed and very noodle-like - that's how I describe that loose and limber feeling you get when you are totally relaxed :)  Going home would have been the best idea, but I had committed to doing our Costco shopping after the massage...why I did that I don't know...probably because the massage location and Costco are quite close to one another so I figured I would get both done at once.  The reverse order wouldn't have worked since I was going to be buying some perishables.  Well, to say that order matters is an understatement.  Do not...let me repeat those important words...do not go to Costco after a massage!  That's my big lesson for today!  I went from totally relaxed to lifting boxes of cans and bottles that my body did not want to lift!  I am grateful I didn't injure myself.  What I did do, though, was take myself out of my blissful noodle-like state and crash myself right back into reality.  Yes, order matters.
Today's card combines a sentiment from the Loving Thoughts stamp set with the framelits Labels Collection dies.  I used the framelits in two ways here - to die cut the middle label and to create the decorative edge on the Crumb Cake piece of card stock.  Somehow this color combination - the Crumb Cake with the Daffodil Delight - puts me right back into that place of peace :)  I added some crochet trim, First Edition specialty designer series paper, and a vintage trinket brad for some detail.  There are a few other details as well - the linen thread, the scallop edge punched card stock and a bit of spritz added to the En Francais stamping on the label.  I hope you like it!
p.s.  I sent in photos for 2 different submissions to PaperCrafts magazine last night.  It always makes me equal parts excited and nervous whenever I submit anything to anyone!  I should know by Friday whether either project made it - I'll keep you posted!  On another front, I submitted a project to last month's Stampin' Up! contest.  They say you will hear within 10 days from the close of the contest...and I haven't heard anything :(  I'm keeping my hopes up though...maybe they meant business days and not actual days?! :)  If I don't hear anything in another day or 2 I will share the project with you :)

No comments: