Thursday, March 29, 2012

Flirtatious Designer Fabric Bookmark

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Quality Makes A Difference
Have you ever bought matches at a store?  We keep matches around the house for emergencies, to light candles, and also to mask unpleasant odors in the air (a pack of matches can always be found in the bathroom...that might be too much information to be sharing :)  Anyway, I had bought our last matches on a trip to the dollar store.  For $1 I got two large boxes of kitchen matches.  I thought that was a pretty great deal...until I started trying to light them!  They would not "catch" when I tried to light them.  Most of the time, the match would just break in half!  I thought maybe it was me - I mean I haven't spent a lot of time working on my match striking technique.  But after weeks of trying, the outcome was no different.  So, on a recent trip to another store - not of the "dollar" variety - we decided to splurge and actually paid almost $3 for two boxes of matches that were the same size as the ones we had gotten at the dollar store.  The matches, however, were a different brand.  These were by Diamond.  Well let me tell you, it was definitely not my technique!!!!!  These matches are outstanding!!!!!  The minute I strike them they light!  It doesn't even take much pressure!  And I have yet to break a match in half!!!!!  Did you ever think someone could be so happy about matches?!?!  Well, I am!  And when I think about the price, I realize that the "expensive" matches really aren't costing more because I have wasted so many of the cheap ones just trying to get them to light (not to mention my frustration!).  So this consumer has learned, yet again, that quality really does make a difference! :)
Speaking of quality, have you tried Stampin' Up!s Whisper White card stock?  If not, I strongly encourage you to give it a try!  I LOVE it...and believe me, I went through a lot of different card stock before recognizing that quality makes a huge difference in my cards and paper craft projects!  (I love our other card stock as well, but I have a particular special love for Whisper White and Very Vanilla - they are so smooth!!!)
Have you gotten your free Flirtatious designer fabric yet?????  Sale-a-bration ends on at the end of March so there are just a few more days to take advantage of getting a free item with every $50 product purchase you make!  I used my free Flirtatious designer fabric to create this fabric bookmark.  I began by stamping the greeting from Loving Thoughts using Staz-On ink onto Whisper White satin ribbon.  I machine-sewed the greeting to the front of the bookmark and then hand-sewed the buttons.  Next came the Pear Pizzazz pleated satin ribbon.  Once all the sewing was done on the front of the bookmark, I sewed the back piece of fabric to the front piece of fabric.  Next came the crop-a-dile to add some large eyelets.  Finally I added some fabric strips to the eyelet and frayed the edges of the ribbon!  I hope you like it :)

No comments: