Thursday, March 01, 2012

Kindness Matters Hello Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  I'm Tired...
I just returned from a work trip last night.  It's funny when I consider the yin and yang of the work I do on the road and the work I do here at home.  I am an introvert by nature - I like to regenerate by being by myself or with my family or with nature.  I enjoy quiet and the comforts of home.  When I go on a work trip I am required to be an extrovert (a skill that I have learned over the years...to a point where people are surprised to learn that I am an introvert!).  On the road I am surrounded by people on planes, trains and automobiles; in airports and hotels; and I conduct training sessions where I am giving every ounce of energy I have to the participants in the room.  The yin and yang - the introversion and extroversion.  By the time I return home from a work trip I am incredibly tired - needing to recharge by sitting in the calm.  I have been trying to spend time in the craft room today (Wednesday) - and I am feeling like what I really need is a nap :)  So I may spend a bit of time cat napping on the couch and hope that my batteries are recharged enough to venture back into the craft room to create later today.  Sometimes I just need to admit that I'm tired...
For today's card I used the Curly Label Movers & Shapers die to create the window and then used a greeting from Elementary Elegance.  The butterflies and flourish from Kindness Matters were stamped with Early Espresso onto a piece of Sahara Sand card stock that I had die cut using the Framelits Labels Collection to create a decorative edge.  I small adhesive pearl finishes the Naturals Ivory card.  I hope you like it!

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

Those shapes are so complimentary. Great job with this.

Anonymous said...

I'm the same way...I can be with people and have fun and be a part of what is going on, but I need to be 'away', in my own space on a regular basis!! On my own I am very shy. I just found your blog and I'm looking forward to seeing more. God bless.