Friday, April 06, 2012

Furry Folk Welcome Sign

I am taking a break from Four Ways Friday today.  I just got back from a trip last night and I am officially exhausted.  So today I am going to enjoy a leisurely day and hopefully a lot of time outdoors since the past 24 hours were mostly spent in airports, on airplanes, in hotels and meeting rooms.  I need some fresh air and sun!!!!! :)
I wanted to share a quick project.  This is a welcome sign that I created using a piece of masonite and some very thin cork sheeting.  I adhered the cork to the masonite and then grabbed some twigs from the backyard and adhered them as a frame and hanger using hot glue.  I stamped and embossed animals from Furry Folk, cut them out and adhered them to the sign using hot glue.  Next, I heat embossed a sheet of card stock after stamping it with the Woodgrain background stamp.  I then die cut the pieces using the Timeless Type sizzlits and the Big Shot.  I had submitted this sign to a magazine in the hopes of getting it published, but since it wasn't accepted I decided to share it with you :)  I hope you like it!  I also hope you have a wonderful weekend!  If you are celebrating Passover, Good Friday or Easter, I hope you have a beautiful holiday filled with love!!!!

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

Looks cute. Love those woodgrain letters. Have fun outside!

Anonymous said...

Love your welcome sign; adorable. Hope you're having a wonderful Easter weekend! Enjoy your time outdoors!--Doris