Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Sunflower Mini Book & Matching Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  My Nose Is Not Like Samantha's Nose On Bewitched
And, truth be told, I don't have Jeannie's gift of being able to cross my arms and nod my head and change the world like Barbara Eden did in I Dream Of Jeannie.  That didn't stop me from trying today - I wiggled by nose back and forth and crossed my arms and nodded my head - all in the hopes that in a blink, I could change everything in my house!  Coming back from a trip after being away is always happy and sad for me.  Happy that I am back with my family.  Sad since I walk into the house and see every home improvement project I've ever wanted to do, waiting for me, all at once!  I see the clutter in my craft room, the papers in my office, the piles I've made on the table in the kitchen nook.  Like a dandelion whose seeds have blown in the wind, my seeds find their way into the nooks and crannies of our house and seem to root there.  They become difficult to remove.  Maybe the finished porch is making it all too noticeable for me right now.  The porch is so beautiful - so peaceful - so clutter free.  Rising in me is the desire to figure out how to bring that same feeling into the spaces in our home and suddenly it keeps rising and makes me want to throw up!  Okay, maybe that's a bit extreme...I just get overwhelmed and paralyzed.  Maybe I need to look at the inside of the house as I did the porch - one post at a time, one section of paint at a time.  Little by little it will get done...unless I can figure out Samantha's trick!
Today's set is great for gift giving!  I used the Sunflower Background stamp (LOVE it!!!!) and stamped it onto the Whisper White card base.  I added the greeting from Pennant Parade with a flourish from Established Elegance.  The mini book was created by stamping the image onto Whisper White card stock and then adhering it to a white coaster.  I used a hobby blade to trim the edges and then sanded the edges to keep them from lifting up.  I then ran the cover through the Movers & Shapers die (retired) on the Big Shot to create the window.  I cut a stack of printer paper along with one piece of Whisper White card stock and added another coaster for the back of the book.  All the binding holes were made with my Bind-It-All.  Once I had the book together I stamped the sentiment from Office Accoutrement (retired).  I hope you like it :)

2 comments:

TiaraHelen said...

Hi Michelle
I like your new sunflower project - and it's given me an idea to do with the daisies 2 die as well...

Have you read Gretchen Rubin's "The Happiness Project" on de-cluttering? I found it really useful and much more helpful than the usual tips like "Buy lots of boxes" which just make me feel inadequate! She's done videos on YouTube if you don't want to buy the book. I think it's the tv that makes us expect everything instantly (like home makeover programs), it makes it hard to accept that real life just isn't like that.

I know you'll do it bit by bit and if you get fed up you only need to go sit on your porch to remind you how it will be!

Brenda said...

LOVE the sunflower book...I need to mount that stamp. I feel that way every time I get back from a trip especially after staying in beautiful hotel rooms that have been perfectly decorated and are clutter free. And I loved the Happiness Project too. Great book that is very real.