Thursday, July 19, 2012

Throwback Thursday: Furry Folk and Everyday Flexible Phrases

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  It's Fun To Be On The Receiving End Of A Random Act Of Kindness!
My neighbor needed to borrow my car the other day.  My poor car...it is so neglected.  I bought my car back in 1998 and it has made it through thick and thin with me :)  I find that I rarely drive my car - between all of my work travel and being a bit of a home body...along with the fact that Michael invites me to use his car whenever he's home and I need to run some errands - my poor car just sits in the driveway and gets rained on my the evergreen trees and the birds (actually, I wish it were rain :)  So, inevitably, when I finally do go to use my car, she is covered in a mix of bird droppings, sap, dust and pine needles.  Well, this was the state of my car when my neighbor asked to borrow it.  I quickly rinsed the car to remove the surface dirt and off she went.  Well!!!  When she returned my car looked liked a shining beacon of roadworthiness! :)  As part of her errand running, she decided to surprise me and took the car to a car wash!  What a wonderful surprise!!!!!  It really is fun to be on the receiving end of a random act of kindness :)  Now I need to figure out a way to pass it on :)
For this week's Throwback Thursday I decided to mix a bit of the old with a bit of the new :)  The Comfort Cafe designer paper provides the backdrop for the stamping.  The flower is from Furry Folk and, I believe, the word is from Everyday Flexible Phrases.  I created the card along with an accompanying matchbook notepad.  The flowers were colored in using my aqua painter and I added a bit of Dazzling Details to add some shimmer :)  I hope you like them!

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Hmmm, my husband has been using my car in the evenings for his reffing job because he does not have air-conditioning in his truck - I just might have to read this post to him! I love what you've done with this little matchbook and matching card. I'm sure you'll find a nice way to pay the good deed forward!