Monday, August 13, 2012

Burlap Fun Flowers Box: Published In PaperCrafts Magazine!!!!

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  I LOVE Page 44!!!!!
I was sooooo excited to receive an envelope in the mail that contained the new September/October 2012 issue of PaperCrafts Magazine!!!!
I was even more excited to see page 44...because look what was there!!!!!!
Yiiipppppeeeee!!!!!  When your project gets accepted for publication, you are never quite sure if it will end up in the magazine or on-line...or on what page...or how it will look.  I was SO HAPPY when I started leafing through the magazine (okay, devouring the magazine) and found my box on p.44...and it even has a "bonus idea!"  Yes, I love page 44!!!!
The box was fun to make using the Fun Flowers die in the Big Shot.  I used burlap as well as denim fabric from an old pair of jeans :)  I love upcycling loved jeans into new creations!  An antique brad decorates the center of the flower.  I added a tag with a greeting from Teeny Tiny Wishes and tied it to the seam binding with Early Espresso baker's twine.  I hope you enjoy page 44 as much as I do!  And, if you want to see your projects in print, try submitting your projects to PaperCrafts Magazine!!!!  You never know what might happen!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

BIG CONGRATULATIONS, Michelle!!!! That's a fabulously beautiful and creative project! No wonder the editors liked it!!! I love how you pinched the petals for more definition. I was just going to throw out some worn jeans. I think I might have to hang on to them, now and try out your idea...although I doubt my flowers will turn out as pretty as yours. So excited for you!!! --Doris

Lorraine said...

Woohoo! Congratulations! What a great project! You must be on Cloud 9 today. Funny, I was just telling my husband that I wanted to use some jeans to make a window treatment. I just love when things are repurposed into something so pretty. I'm going to have to get that magazine for sure.