Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Out On A Whim Wednesday: Wood Burned Sign

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Tomorrow is a new day.  You shall begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense.  -Ralph Waldo Emerson
I was leafing through the Oprah Magazine the other day and came across this quote and it immediately gave me a sense of calm.  It can be so easy to carry one day's woes into the next day and this is a reminder that each day we can start anew.  I want to create another gratitude journal (I write in my gratitude journal every evening) and put this quote on the cover.  This would be a wonderful thought to go to sleep with every night :)
Today's Out On A Whim Wednesday project is a sign that I created quite awhile ago.  I was playing around with my wood-burning tool and created a series of signs that I have hanging on my craft room door.  After doing the wood burning I went back and colored the images with colored pencils.  These signs always make me smile.  One says "Be Yourself" and another says, "Express Yourself."  If you haven't tried wood burning, you might want to give it a try!  It's a fun way to take scrap wood and make it into something special :)

No comments: