Monday, September 10, 2012

Perfect Penants Wonderful You Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Sit In A New Seat
I have a habit.  Whenever I sit outside on the porch, I always sit in the same chair.  I'm not sure why.  I guess a part of it is the view - the ability to see the back gate and the feeders.  Maybe it's the way the cushion has conformed to my tush.  The other day I came outside for lunch and Michael was in "my" chair.  He said, "I thought I'd give you the chair with the better view."  Funny how he felt he always had the chair with the better view...I always thought it was the chair where I sat.  So I sat in a new seat - a view I hadn't experienced.  At first it felt incredibly weird!  I couldn't see the back gate and my view of the back bird feeder was different.  But I was a lot closer to the chicadee who came to drink on the porch fountain.  And I was a bit closer to the hedge where the sparrows congregate - their song a bit louder than usual.  So there I sat.  Looking out at the world from a bit different vantage point.  It was good for a change.  Maybe if I sit there a bit more, then switching things up will become habit and I will see things I have never seen before.  When was the last time you sat in a new seat?
Today's card began with a leftover designer paper circle that had been die cut with the Perfect Pennants die in the Big Shot.  I took a Baja Breeze card base and then sewed on a Crumb Cake panel that I had run through the Big Shot with the Lacy Brocade embossing folder.  Next I took a strip of Baja Breeze card stock and ran it through my paper crimper.  I then cut the end to look like a ribbon.  I then layered the Perfect Penants circle and additional punched circles on top of the crimped layer.  The sentiment from Loving Thoughts was stamped on Whisper White card stock and cut to look like a banner.  I adhered it to the "ribbon" with dimensionals and then added the entire "ribbon" to the card.  I hope you like it!

No comments: