Thursday, October 18, 2012

Broadsheet Alphabet Stationery

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Sometimes You Need Less Than You Think
I thought I would be taking a few days off, but for some reason I decided I wanted to post something tonight.  This blog has become quite a little part of me and I feel a bit at a loss when I'm not posting.  It helped that I remembered that I had taken a photo of one of the personalized stamped cards I made to take with me to London to give to my friend Emma who lives there :)  I thought I would need more days than I actually needed...of course I still reserve the right to be tired tomorrow...so we'll see if I make it back tomorrow with Friday Folds.  Sometimes you need less than you think!
Personalized stationery is so easy to make using the Broadsheet Alphabet!  I used Cherry Cobbler ink to stamp the initial on Very Vanilla card stock and then punched it out with a circle punch.  I then punched a Cherry Cobbler circle 1/4" larger and layered the two together.  Finally, I used the Finishing Touches edgelit to create the Cherry Cobbler strip that I adhered across the card.  The envelope was also stamped to personalize it.  I created a set of 8 of these cards and boxed them as a gift for Emma.  The best part was seeing her smile when I handed her the box :)

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

What a pretty and thoughtful gift. Glad you had such a great visit.