Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Out On A Whim Wednesday: Punch Art Altered CD

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Create New Habits
For a few weeks now I have weened myself off of my old internet habits.  I am embarrassed to confess that I was checking news and social media sites WAY TOO OFTEN in a single day.  It was a lot of wasted time and yet I was having the toughest time breaking myself of the habit (which is saying something since I can be an incredibly disciplined person when something is important to me).  I am happy to report that over the past few weeks I have made great strides in breaking these bad habits I had fallen into.  I am not checking on-line news or visiting social media sites (if I know it is a friend/family member's b'day, I will sometimes allow myself to jump on-line to send the a quick b'day greeting).  I don't miss any of it - not the moments spent reading depressing news.  Not the time looking at photos of the latest celebrity.  I haven't even missed the time spent blog hopping because I found that by the time I was done hopping I was too exhausted to create!  So I'm on a mission to continue creating new habits for myself.  Habits that will support me in being in touch with myself, what is important to me and what will feed my soul.  I wish the same for you!
Today's Out On A Whim Wednesday project is an altered CD that I had created as a submission for a magazine (sorry to say it did not get accepted...but I still love it! :)  I covered the CD with designer series paper and then used the crop-a-dile to punch a hole in the top.  I made the clouds with my scallop circle punch and sponged the edges.  The letters were stamped and circle punched and then layered onto larger circle punches.  The words are from the Fabulous Phrases stamp set.  The cow was made with a series of oval punches, the boho blossoms punch and the retired word window punch.  I added some adhesive rhinestones for stars and a large circle punch for the yellow moon.  I think this altered CD would make a very sweet baby gift :)  I hope you like it!

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

As you can maybe tell by all the comments coming your way today from me, I am catching up. It is very easy to become engrossed and flit from site to site and then look up at the clock (or down in the corner of the screen) and be shocked at how much time you have really been at it. We think we're staying connected but we're becoming so disconnected. I love having information literally at my fingertips, but the trade-off in time is not good, especially for a procrastinator like me who needs to get past the feeling of being overwhelmed to focus on doing something. I'll be working on my habits also.

Your project is adorable. I agree it would make a very sweet baby gift.