Monday, October 08, 2012

Summer Silhouettes Thinking of You Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Let The Tears Flow
I'm not going to say it feels "good."  "Good" just doesn't feel like the proper word.  What I do know is that holding back the tears, when what you really want to do is cry, is incredibly difficult.  I have been crying many tears this past week.  All needed tears.  Somehow they seem to be able to express what I am still not quite able to put into words.  Some days there are fewer tears than others.  I've heard it said that the Inuit people have over 40 words for "snow."  These words describe different types of snow.  And so it is with my tears.  They are different types.  Sometimes sobbing, flooding, painful tears.  Sometimes soft, wet, simple tears.  Just because some days there are fewer tears that belies their intensity.  What I am learning is that I just need to let the tears flow.  Allow them to come and to go - like the tides.  They are doing what they need to do.
Today's card is a simple one - made with the Summer Silhouettes stamp set and a greeting from Thoughts and Prayers.  I stamped the same leaf image 3 times: once with Wisteria Wonder and then twice with Pool Party - first at full strength and then at half strength.  I have been enjoying clean and simple cards lately.  Something about the white space feels soothing.  I hope you like it!

No comments: