Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Two Ways Tuesday: Autumn Accents Bigz Die

For this week's Two Ways Tuesday I decided to play with the Autumn Accents Bigz die!  I love the Bigz dies since you can die cut all kinds of materials.  However, I decided to stick with card stock for these two projects today.  For this first card I just took card stock (More Mustard, Pumpkin Pie and Cherry Cobbler) and die cut the leaves.  I then crumpled the heck out of them and sponged the with some Chocolate Chip ink.  The Crumb Cake background was scored with the diagonal plate and spritzed with Chocolate Chip ink using the color spritzer tool.  The greeting from Pursuit of Happiness was stamped, punched out and sponged before being adhered to the card with dimensionals.  Finally, I added a bronze button thread with hemp twine.
For this second card I began by die cutting a piece of Early Espresso Coredinations card stock.  I then ran the leaf through the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder and sanded the leaf to reveal the light colored core of the card stock.  The leaf was then added to a card base that had been stamped, spritzed and decorated with Orchard Harvest designer series paper.  The sentiment is from Friendship Preserves and was die cut using the Labels framelits.  A neutrals button was added and thread with some twine.  Here is a close up of the sentiment:
I hope you've enjoyed this week's Two Ways Tuesday!  If you are on the East Coast of the United States, I hope that you are safe and sound as Hurricane Sandy continues her progress.

No comments: