Friday, November 30, 2012

A Day Away...Wishing You White Blooms...

I went to see the Van Gogh exhibit in Denver yesterday and I am still processing all that I saw and read.  Just incredible.  I was in tears by the end of the exhibit.  I have decided to take a day off - rather than pressure myself to post something more extensive here.  I will leave you with some of Van Gogh's own words.  In writing to his brother about practicing drawing and studying anatomy and perspective he said, "So you see that I am working away hard, though for the moment it is not yielding particularly gratifying results.  But I have every hope that these thorns will bear white blooms in due course & that these apparently fruitless struggles are nothing but labour pains.  First the pain, then the joy."

No comments: