Monday, November 26, 2012

Thoughts & Prayers Pet Sympathy Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  What You Need To Hear Will Sometimes Arrive In Your Inbox 
I received a thank you email from Ornament Magazine in my inbox last week.  Here is how the email began:
"A seventeenth-century philosopher advised that each day we ask ourselves three questions: "Who or what inspired me today? What brought me happiness today? What brought me comfort and deep peace today?" In this contemplative practice, we find ways to bring more meaning and joy into our lives. Our individual actions should be transformative ones that honor the best in our humanity and promote peace and well-being on planet Earth."
Sometimes what you need to hear will just arrive in your inbox :)
Our neighbors had to say goodbye to their very special kitty, Ripley, last week.  Ripley lived a long and happy life and she had the most special, caring parents in the world!  I know how much your cards and emails brought me comfort when I lost Willow (and continue to bring me comfort every day) and I knew I had to make a special card for Ripley's parents.  I began with a Baja Breeze card base and stamped it with the Distressed Dots background stamp with Whisper White craft ink.  I used my heat tool to dry the ink (since I don't have a lot of patience when I'm stamping :)  Next I stamped the kitty image from Every Little Bit onto Soft Suede card stock and cut it out.  I then stamped the sentiment and the tree from Thoughts & Prayers onto Whisper White card stock.  I inked up the tree using markers - Crumb Cake and Certainly Celery to keep the image soft.  Then I added the little kitty with dimensionals and added the panel to the card.  I hope you like it!  Here is a close up of the tree and kitty:

ONLINE EXTRAVAGANZA IS HERE!!!!!!
Our biggest online sale of the year, Online Extravaganza, is going on now and ends on Wednesday, November 28. We've got a fantastic selection of stamp sets, accessories, and tools that will be discounted up to 50 percent!  Log in to my Online Store NOW to take advantage of these savings including oodles of popular products discounted up to 50 percent!

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Such a sweet card. I'm sure your neighbors will be touched by it.