Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Artistic Etchings Thank You Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Stop And Chat
Sometimes we are in a big hurry.  We say "hello!  how are you?" and keep walking without waiting for a response.  We multitask when we are on the phone so we miss about every third word that is said by the person on the other end of the line.  Yesterday I stopped a few times - I stopped to chat with some neighbors who are trying to manage their thoughts and feelings about their ailing cat.  I also stopped to chat with another neighbor who had the business trip from hell last week.  And we took and evening walk and chatted with one of Buddy's best friends and his human companion about the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday :)  My recommendation?  Slow down and stop and chat.  Really give your attention to the person you are speaking with.  You may actually enjoy the pace :)
Today's card was put together as a thank you card to my cousin and his wife who we recently visited.  They both love France so the Eiffel Tower image from Artistic Etchings was perfect!  I heat embossed the image with silver embossing powder.  I stamped the Sahara Sand card stock with Sahara Sand ink and the En Francais background stamp.  The embossed piece was then sewn to the Sahara Sand card stock with metallic thread on my sewing machine.  Next, I stamped the words from three different sets (Kindness Matters, Fabulous Phrases, and Loving Thoughts) using Early Espresso ink on Very Vanilla card stock.  The pieces were adhered with dimensionals.  The whole panel was then glued to a Soft Suede card base and spritzed with the Sahara Sand marker and the color spritzer tool.  I hope you like it!  For those of you following my angel challenge, I hope to share at least one other angel this week...and, I confess, I'm a bit behind with my challenge to make 30 angels in 30 days.  I haven't decided to extend my personal deadline yet...but I am at the stage where I'm willing to admit that an extension might be required...We'll see how things go over the next few days :)

ONLINE EXTRAVAGANZA IS HERE!!!!!!
Our biggest online sale of the year, Online Extravaganza, began on Monday and ends on Wednesday, November 28. We've got a fantastic selection of stamp sets, accessories, and tools that will be discounted up to 50 percent!  Log in to my Online Store NOW to take advantage of these savings including oodles of popular products discounted up to 50 percent! 

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

I love, love, love the stitching on this. Wow!