Thursday, December 13, 2012

Christmas Wishes Simple Santa Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  The arts are a way to bring order out of chaos - the chaotic feelings and impulses within and the bewildering mass of impressions from without.  The arts are a means to discover both the self and the world - and to establish a relationship between the two. -Dr. Elinor Ulman

My time in the craft room is priceless for me.  And no matter how chaotic things are in the craft room, it still feels like a safe haven from the "chaotic feelings and impulses within and the bewildering mass of impressions from without."  Going into the craft room immediately gives me permission to let my art flow.  That doesn't always mean the flow is effortless :)  What it does mean is that I have created a place where I can bring order out of the chaos.  A place where I can take bits and pieces from here and there and imagination from within and express whatever needs to come out in that moment.  I am still trying to learn how to take that same feeling with me when I leave the craft room and venture far and wide in the world.  I have begun traveling with a sketchbook and pencils as well as a journal for writing in.  These things together are beginning to provide me with a place to process all that I encounter on the road.  Now if I can just figure out how to fit my craft room in a suitcase?!?! :)
Today's card is simple, simple, simple!  It was one of the cards made for my Holiday Stamp-a-Stack.  Just color in the Santa hat on the rubber stamp from Christmas Wishes with a Real Red marker and use a Basic Black marker for the outline of the face and facial features.  Stamp onto Whisper White card stock and then add some dazzling diamonds with a 2-way glue pen!  A few dimensionals to adhere and a knot of white organza ribbon finishes the card!

No comments: