Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Out On A Whim Wednesday: Jeans Bookmarks!

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  To imagine is everything.  -Albert Einstein
It's been a busy few days for me and I am finally catching up with my blog!  I apologize for disappearing for a few days, but trust me...I was busy in the craft room :)  Michael brought an old pair of jeans into the craft room and asked if I might be able to use them.  I smiled and said, "But of course!!!!"  I immediately imagined those jeans turning into 30 bookmarks!  Why I had the number 30 in my head I don't know, but that is the exact number I was able to cut from the jeans (leaving a very skimpy pair of Daisy Duke shorts behind...will have to figure out what to do with those!).  I cut the fabric and then did a bunch of monoprinting (using a GelliArts plate), painting, stenciling and stitching and these are a sampling of what I came up with!  They were a great way to pull out some old Stampin' Up! ribbon :)  I also made a few foam rubber stamps of my own and used those to add some paint.  Needless to say, the craft room was in quite a state for a few days - there was not a clean surface to be found! :)  Next time an old pair of jeans walks into your craft space, use your imagination!  After all, to imagine is everything :)

No comments: