Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Two Ways Tuesday: No Peeking!

I've been busy preparing for my upcoming Holiday Cards & Tags Stamp-a-Stack so I've been putting the No Peeking stamp set to a lot of good use!  Here are two of the holiday tags I've created using the set.
This stamp set really doesn't need special techniques to create simply adorable projects!  Here I die cut a large circle with the Clear Circle Bigz die (you can use a large circle punch as well).  I stamped the reindeer using Chocolate Chip ink and then used an office hole punch to punch a Real Red circle.  I then glued the circle to the middle of the reindeer's face and covered it with Crystal Effects :)  The sentiment was stamped with Real Red ink and the trees with Bashful Blue ink.  It's hard to tell in the photo, but the card stock is Pool Party.  I then used the crop-a-dile to punch a hole at the top and added retired Real Red satin ribbon (I miss having current "thicker" ribbon - so happy to see some 1 1/4" two-tone ribbon in the new Spring catalog!!!!).  On the back of the tag I stamped more trees and added the "Jolly Christmas" sentiment with Real Red ink.
For this second tag I decided to bring out the Holiday Stocking Bigz die :)  I inked up the snowman stamp with markers - Cherry Cobber and Basic Black and stamped him on the main part of the sock (cutting him out of a separate piece of card stock and then putting him on the stocking would be adorable...I just know that my workshop attendees would roll their eyes at me if I made them do too much fussy cutting :)  On the Cherry Cobbler parts of the stocking I stamped Whisper White craft ink using an image from Pennant Parade.  I confess, the sentiment is from a retired SU! set - I tend to bring out retired Christmas sets every once in awhile in order to use different greetings :)
I hope you've enjoyed this week's Two Ways Tuesday and I hope it inspires you to use whatever stamps you have to make adorable tags for your holiday gift-giving!!!!

No comments: