Thursday, April 25, 2013

Itty Bitty Banners and Lovely Little Labels Scrap Card


Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  When You Reach Your Limit, You Will Know
I have a confession.  I had to call Apple customer support the other day and I actually broke down crying on the phone!  I felt badly for the woman who had to deal with my call - poor thing never saw it coming!  Why was I crying?  Well, that's a bit of a long story - the short version being a canceled flight home from DC which meant an extra day on the road.  Then, when I landed back in Denver and turned on my 4-month old phone, it just stayed in "search" mode...which meant I had a hard time connecting with the person who was picking me up at the airport and another delay to get home.  And, once home, a 45 min call with Verizon did not resolve the problem so I needed to go to the Verizon store the next morning....and after an hour and a half with them, the problem was still not resolved.  And finally a visit to the Apple store where we determined that it wasn't my sim card, it was the phone itself...so they gave me a replacement.  The next morning I woke up and went to use my phone and I did not see the cute little microphone icon that should have been on the keyboard on the phone when I am in text message mode...where had Siri gone????  Then I began to believe that I had given the Apple store my iphone5 and had been given an iphone4 in return...and thus my limit had been reached!  I credit the wonderful woman from Apple who listened to my crying and my frustration and did an amazing job of calming me down.  We finally figured out what was wrong - I did indeed have the correct phone, Siri just hadn't been turned on!  Problem fixed...at least the one with the phone.  What I realized about myself was that I had reached my limit.  I continue to learn that travel disrupts my rhythm and while often I am able to bounce back, sometimes I get so out of whack that I reach a limit and can't bounce back as quickly.  I am grateful that although it is not done with grace, I am able to recognize when I reach my limit.  My task now is to figure out what triggers that and begin to examine how I might change so that I don't reach that point often.
Today's card is another card I put together from the scraps in my craft space.  I combined some doily, a piece of fabric, a punched and embossed butterfly, a button, and stamped sentiments from Itty Bitty Banners and Lovely Little Labels.  A spritz from the Spritzer Tool of Crumb Cake ink ties it all together.  I hope you like it :)

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

It's so hard when we try to be "like a duck and let the water roll off our back". I've told some people lately that I don't mind the duck feathers so much, but sometimes I feel liking I'm sinking further in the water and need to paddle too hard to keep afloat because my feet are not webbed. There's only so much we can take sometimes. I have to figure out what will propel me out of the water. I love how you've gathered these elements all together to make such a lovely card.