Monday, May 13, 2013

Heat Embossed River Rocks

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Laughter feels awesome!

Michael and I decided on December 31st of this past year to go ahead and finally purchase iPhones. If you have read my blog before you may already know that we held out for just about as long as we could! I was very concerned about becoming very dependent on my phone and always having my head buried in my phone. What I hadn't considered was the amount of laughter I would experience as a result of Siri! Michael and I use Siri to send text messages to one another so that we don't have to type everything out with our thumbs :-) Of course this means that sometimes Siri interprets what we say incorrectly! It has led to some incredibly hysterical text messages that we send to each other even when they are incorrect :-) The other day I tried to tell him that I was going to our neighbors house - Greg and Ann's. Somehow Siri heard that as Grecken hands! And somehow that caused me to laugh hysterically :-). What Siri continues to remind me is that laughter is awesome and the more you can laugh on a daily basis the happier you will be! Can't wait to see what she misinterprets next!
I was playing with embossing powder the other day and somehow came up with the idea to emboss on river rocks! I wanted to have little rocks that I could put in my potted plants that would look fun and pretty! So I just used my embossing buddy to wipe off the rocks and then I used my Versa marker to apply the versamark ink and then added white embossing powder and heat embossed. If you try this yourself you should heat your rocks on a heat resistant surface like a tile and be very very careful! While the rocks will take awhile to heat up they also retain the heat quite well! So don't touch the rock right after heat embossing or you might burn yourself! How fun it would be to create a small rock garden with multicolored embossed rocks! Can't wait to hear if you play with this technique and what you create :-)

No comments: