Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mixed Bunch Gratitude Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Your Intuition Knows What Your Mind Does Not
It's been a bit of a whirlwind for me the past few weeks.  We went to a wedding in Tyler, TX and then went to visit my mother in St. Petersburg, Florida.  Go, go, go...and not just my body, my mind too.  We are still trying to figure out what, if any, changes we want to make in our lives.  Specifically, we continue to look at homes to determine if we want to move.  We've looked at a few horse properties and a few mountain properties...and a few hybrids.  All in an attempt to figure out what we want.  It's funny, if you begin to talk to city people about the mountains they say things like, "It's cold there!" or "It's so far away!" or "Won't you feel isolated?"  When you talk to mountain people they say things like, "I can't imagine living in the City again!  All those people!  All that pollution!  That fast pace!"  Everyone has something to say - a word of advice, a question to pose - my brain is spinning.  Not to mention all of the talking that Michael and I have been doing - trying to figure it all out.   At times I just want to laugh...because I truly don't believe the answer for us will come from all the talking and asking and reasoning.  I believe it will actually come from our intuition - that we will just "feel" what it is that is right for us.  The challenge is quieting all the other noise in order to focus on that inner voice - that intuition - that always points me in the direction.  Your intuition knows what your mind does not...I'll let you know what it says to me if I can still myself long enough to listen :)
 Today's card was made very simply using Naturals Ivory card stock and the Mixed Bunch stamp set.  I stamped the large floral image three times using Pretty In Pink ink.  Next I stamped the round image and punched it out with a 3/4" circle punch.  It was added to the card with a dimensional and then some dazzling diamonds and an adhesive rhinestone were added.  I finished the card with the sentiment from Apothecary Art.  I hope you like it!

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

I do like it! Beautifully done. Good luck with your decision. What is it they say - the worst decision is not making one and giving up. I'm sure you won't give up!