Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Pleasant Poppies Wonderful You Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Money Is What We Make It
As you can imagine, as I continue to consider the possibility of purchasing a new home, money has become the focus of many of my thoughts.  After a book about money and work was recommended to me, I went searching on-line for the book and somehow found my way to the movie Money & Life.  I already want to watch it again because it was a lot to take in.  You can watch it on-line for free and choose whether or not to make a donation.  I would love to know what you think!  It's made me wonder about how we value ourselves and others.  It's made me question the power we have given these thin pieces of paper.  It's gotten me curious about other forms of currency that we can create.  Money is what we make it.  That is my mantra for today.
Today's card was simple and bold.  I just inked up the Pleasant Poppies background stamp with Tangerine Tango ink and stamped it onto a Very Vanilla card base.  Next, with the help of the stamp-a-ma-jig, I stamped the sentiment from Loving Thoughts using Early Espresso ink.  A touch of dazzling diamonds on the small buds added a bit of sparkle to the card.  I hope you like it!  And, if you read my blog yesterday, you saw that I have begun playing around with some canvases.  I played a little bit more (and am trying to be patient with the drying process).  Here's what one of the canvases now looks like...
I cannot end this post without sending my thoughts and prayers to all of you impacted by the recent tornadoes in Oklahoma and other parts of the country.  You are in our hearts!!!!!

No comments: