Tuesday, June 11, 2013

By The Tide Father's Day Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:   I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. - Henry David Thoreau
In all of our thinking and searching around a move to the mountains, the words of Henry David Thoreau have been quite inspiring.  When it boils down to it, I believe this is what is driving our desire around the move - to front only the essential facts of life.  Somehow nature becomes the canvas upon which we paint our lives and we have been craving a closer look at the canvas.
For today's card I decided to play with some of the new In Colors for Father's Day!  I stamped images from the By The Tide stamp set using Pistachio Pudding (yum!) and Coastal Cabana.  Next, I stamped the fish with Staz-On and then colored the fish using a variety of markers and blender pen.  The sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes was stamped onto Coastal Cabana card stock and then punched out using the Word Window punch.  The sentiment was adhered with 1/2 dimensionals.  I hope you like this clean and simple card :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card...yummy colours. I love the way you painted the fish; he's gorgeous. --Doris